This expedition has been planned and managed by Tony van Marken of XVenture Expeditions with Adventure Dynamics providing logistical support.
Tony is an experienced climber and arranges custom expeditions for groups, corporates and organisations.
Contact Details :
Tony van Marken
+27 72 229 0547
Tony van Marken (49) is a veteran of over 25 high-altitude expeditions on seven continents and has travelled the world in search of adventure. He reached the summit of Everest via the South Col route on June 2nd, 2005, to complete his quest to become the first South African to climb the original Seven Summits (Kosciusko version).
Tony is also a marathon runner, cyclist and certified open water diver. He has completed numerous ultra marathons, standard marathons, the Cape Epic Mountain Bike Race and numerous other endurance events.
• Asia: Everest (8,850m) and Cho Oyu (8,201m)
• Antarctica: Vinson Massif (4,897m), Mount Shinn (3rd highest peak in Antarctica);
• Alaska: Mount McKinley (6,194m)
• Tanzania: 8 summits of Kilimanjaro (5,895m) via the Marangu, Machame, Rongai and Umbwe routes, 4 summits of Mount Meru; Ol Doinyo Lengai (exploration of Africa’s only active volcano);
• Russia: Mount Elbrus (5,642m)
• Rwanda: Karisimbi (4,533m), Bisoke (3721m)
• Australia: Kosciusko (2,238m)
• Uganda: Mount Elgon
• Argentina: Aconcagua (6,959m)
• Morocco: Djebel Toubkal (4,167m)
• New Zealand: Mount Cook and Mount Aspiring
• Japan: Mount Fuji
• Italy: Grand Paradiso (4060m) via North Face variation, Il Naso (4260m), Lysskamm East (4,527m), Lysskamm West (4,479m), Castor (4,228m), Pollux (4,092m), Breithorn West (4,165m), Breithorn Central (4,159m)
• France: 2 summits of Mont Blanc (4,807m), Aguile de la Berangere (3,425m), Dom de Meage (3,672m), Aguile de Bionnassay (4,052m), Mont Blanc de Tacul (4,248m), Dome de Gouter (4,304m)
• Switzerland: Matterhorn (4,478m) via Hornli Hut, Allalinhorn (4,026m), Nadelhorn (4,327m), Weissmies (4,203m)
• Ecuador: Rico Pichincha (4,689m), Cotopaxi (5,897m), Pasachoa (4,200m), Chimborazo (6300m)